About the job
Background and Position Overview:
FleishmanHillard’s Japan operations were founded in 1997 and expanded through pure organic growth into a portfolio of branded specialties offering full-service communications consulting to foreign and domestic MNCs and governmental organizations.
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Account Manager / Senior Account Manager with a background preferably in Consumer who is who is passionate about audience-centric, data-driven integrated PR and communications, and eager to support our clients in their public relations and brand marketing strategies to join our Japan Group.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the public relations strategy and output for clients in the consumer space with confidence, clarity, and a good understanding of relevant industry terminology, trends, frameworks, and regulations.
- Develop and implement impactful and creative integrated communications programs, ensuring that clients’ strategic objectives are met.
- Develop and implement compelling public relations and brand marketing programs for clients in various sectors.
- Possess high-level influencing and communication skills; proven ability to develop compelling proposals and new business pitches and present them proficiently and persuasively to clients.
- Deliver excellent client servicing and ensure that clients’ strategic objectives are met.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, bylines, and speaking abstracts.
- Project Management and influencer management; manage projects by setting priorities and maintaining deadlines.
- Plan, execute, and manage influencer campaigns and Social Media strategies.
- Work well in a team environment and collaborate well within the agency network in the Asia Pacific region and globally.
- Manage local media, influencers, and vendor relations effectively. Any Experience working with regional media is a plus.
- To support the growth and embed the practices of Strategy and Social across the agency.
- Responsible for budget planning and monitoring of costs.
- Involvement in coaching junior staff and facilitating their growth and development.
What You’ll Need
- Candidates should have 1) a minimum of 7 years of business experience, AND 2) a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in public relations, corporate communications, internal communications, public affairs, journalism, media relations, or management consulting.
- Solid PR knowledge and experience (previous experience of working in a PR agency is a must) including press release write-up, media pitching, media enquiry and relations with focus on Japanese media relations.
- Effective and smooth communication ability with client (experience as a direct client account manager).
- A view on PR and media landscape change, and a proven ability to propose solutions and present ideas persuasively and compellingly to client based on both media insights and consumer insights.
- Project budget and cost management skills, with a keen eye on resource efficiency.
- Junior staff management and mentoring skills.
- Strong network with media in Japan will be a great plus.
- Experience in managing influencer work for clients, including identification, negotiations, engagement, and execution oversight with strong guidance on deliverables and go-to-market strategy is an advantage.
- Japanese and English business-level proficiency is preferred.
What You’ll have
- Opportunities to work with various global experts in media and platforms, creative planning and data analytics.
- Opportunities to participate in various local and firmwide trainings.
- Opportunities to participate in cultural exchange program to work from other FleishmanHillard offices particularly with the Seoul office.
FleishmanHillard shapes integrated communications programs for some of the world’s leading brands, operating throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through nearly 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 45 countries. Providing strategic counsel to clients for more than 76 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive and measurable impact on our clients’ performance. FleishmanHillard is widely recognized for excellent service and long-term relationships with clients. In addition, the firm’s culture is focused on continued investment in the employee experience and the client experience.
Our work overall has consistently been recognized for creative awareness, business impact and transformative outcomes. Most recently, several proud moments stand out in the industry awards category, including the 2023 Agency of the Year and Outstanding Extra-Large Agency awarded by PRWeek and a perfect Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Equality Index Score.
Brand, Reputation, Experience — the authenticity trifecta. When who you are aligns with who people think you are, and it’s validated by experiences, that’s a powerful place to be. Through data-driven intelligence, bold, creative and strategic purpose, we help clients all over the world find that sweet spot. Our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the consumer goods, financial and professional services, technology, government, public affairs and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
The agency’s commitment to DE&I is also at the forefront ensuring diverse perspectives and experiences are present in all the work that we do. Our ambition to become the most inclusive agency in the world is not a hollow statement or one-time initiative. It’s a promise to our employees, our clients, our communities and our shareholders. In 2022, we unveiled Project Open Door to deepen DE&I activating a series of commitments and process adjustments to drive intentional and inclusive talent sources. Results indicate substantial progress: 59% of offices are led by women, 50% of C-suite positions are held by women, 65% of our Cabinet is female and 25% people of color. We are committed to building our leadership talent pipeline from within the local market. One hundred percent of our market leaders in APAC are from the markets they lead.
Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be strictly used for employment purposes.