About the job
FleishmanHillard’s Japan operations were founded in 1997 and expanded through pure organic growth into a portfolio of branded specialties offering full-service communications consulting to foreign and domestic MNCs and governmental organizations.
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Account Manager / Senior Account Manager to join our Japan Group. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned professional with a strong passion for communications to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate positioning and reputation, crisis situations, issues management, executive positioning, and high-level media relations for our Japanese and global clients.
- Responsible for developing and executing PR strategy and programs in the areas of corporate communication, healthcare, BtoB, and/or public affairs, that support business objectives of clients in Japan and outside the country.
- Act as the key lead for accounts, work closely with clients and FH global offices in driving alignment and execution of PR, marketing and communications initiatives.
- Act as a strategic communication counselor to executives and clients based on analytic views and deep insights on topical issues around business, regulations, and society.
- Responsible for strategic media relation including media pitch, press material development, media interviews, and media events that are tied to desired business outcomes for clients.
- Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix that drive strategic growth of the organization.
- Continually advance the global offerings of the firm and participate as a network-wide resource for counsel, mentorship, and new business opportunities.
- Candidates should have 1) a minimum of 7 years of business experience, AND 2) a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in public relations, corporate communications, internal communications, public affairs, journalism, media relations, or management consulting.
- Experience within an in-house communication team or professional agency is required; PR agency experience is desirable.
- Solid understanding of PR and Japanese media landscape is a must; strong media relations is desirable.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (both in Japanese and English), including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Hands-on experience in PR planning, account management, project management, and execution.
- A collaborative team member with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise, train and mentor junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders across the client’s business.
- University degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business, or related fields.
- Proficient both in Japanese and English in day-to-day business communication.
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered for the role of Senior Account Manager.
- Ability to build trusting relationships and engage and work collaboratively and respectfully with colleagues at all levels across the organization and with external partners.
- Business acumen and the ability to work in an international team.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountabilities for delivering results.
- Open to feedback and with a lifelong-learning mindset.
- An enterprise mindset with the ability to connect the dots between your own work and organizational goals and milestones.
FleishmanHillard shapes integrated communications programs for some of the world’s leading brands, operating throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through nearly 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 45 countries. Providing strategic counsel to clients for more than 76 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive and measurable impact on our clients’ performance. FleishmanHillard is widely recognized for excellent service and long-term relationships with clients. In addition, the firm’s culture is focused on continued investment in the employee experience and the client experience.
Our work overall has consistently been recognized for creative awareness, business impact and transformative outcomes. Most recently, several proud moments stand out in the industry awards category, including the 2023 Agency of the Year and Outstanding Extra-Large Agency awarded by PRWeek and a perfect Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Equality Index Score.
Brand, Reputation, Experience — the authenticity trifecta. When who you are aligns with who people think you are, and it’s validated by experiences, that’s a powerful place to be. Through data-driven intelligence, bold, creative and strategic purpose, we help clients all over the world find that sweet spot. Our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the consumer goods, financial and professional services, technology, government, public affairs and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
The agency’s commitment to DE&I is also at the forefront ensuring diverse perspectives and experiences are present in all the work that we do. Our ambition to become the most inclusive agency in the world is not a hollow statement or one-time initiative. It’s a promise to our employees, our clients, our communities and our shareholders. In 2022, we unveiled Project Open Door to deepen DE&I activating a series of commitments and process adjustments to drive intentional and inclusive talent sources. Results indicate substantial progress: 59% of offices are led by women, 50% of C-suite positions are held by women, 65% of our Cabinet is female and 25% people of color. We are committed to building our leadership talent pipeline from within the local market. One hundred percent of our market leaders in APAC are from the markets they lead.
Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be strictly used for employment purposes.