About the job
FleishmanHillard’s Japan operations were founded in 1997 and expanded through pure organic growth into a portfolio of branded specialties offering full-service communications consulting to foreign and domestic MNCs and governmental organizations.
Our team specializes in multidisciplinary expertise in global reputation management, public affairs, financial communications and issues management, brand marketing, influence & digital innovation, public affairs, financial communications and issues management, and analytics & insights.
Our Japan office has a few immediate openings for Public Relations Account Executive / Assistant Account Executive to join our growing teams in multidisciplinary expertise areas that include: global reputation management, public affairs, financial communications and issues management, brand marketing, influence & digital innovation, public affairs, financial communications and issues management, and analytics & insights.
What you will receive:
· A progressive environment to propel your career in integrated communications to a new level.
· A highly committed, intelligent, and driven team.
· Endless training and professional development opportunities to build your passion for public relations, innovation, and creative thinking, and relentless drive to deliver tangible business results through a combination of technology, data analytics, social media, and communications.
· Involve in implementing compelling B2B and/or B2C public relations/communications programs.
· Working with seniors to perform day-to-day client servicing and coordination for Japanese and international clients.
· Handling day-to-day deliverables including media monitoring, content creative, project, and account management.
· Involve in developing high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, bylines, and speaking abstracts that meet clients’ requirements.
· Executing projects by setting priorities and closely maintaining deadlines.
· Building relationships with national and regional media.
· Coordinating projects with other FH offices in Asia and other regions.
· Provide ad hoc support as required
· Candidates with a minimum of 2 years + relevant experience in a PR agency, corporate communications department, or consultancy firm would be considered for the role of Account Executive.
· Fresh graduates with any intern experiences in an agency or corporate communications department, media, production, journalism, and/or marketing would be considered for the role of Assistant Account Executive.
· Enjoy working on an international platform and working with teams across offices in Asia Pacific and other regions.
· Able to engage and develop media relationships with respective reporters, interest in developing compelling story pitches, and secure stories in mainstream business media.
· Understanding of and some experience working with digital media outlets including social networking sites and bloggers is a plus.
· Some project and event management skills, ability to work well within a team environment.
· Some client service skills, strong organizational skills, and creativity in problem-solving.
· Excellent speaking and writing abilities (both English and Japanese).
· Energetic, self-starter, and eager to learn.
FleishmanHillard shapes integrated communications programs for some of the world’s leading brands, operating throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through nearly 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 45 countries. Providing strategic counsel to clients for more than 76 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive and measurable impact on our clients’ performance. FleishmanHillard is widely recognized for excellent service and long-term relationships with clients. In addition, the firm’s culture is focused on continued investment in the employee experience and the client experience.
Our work overall has consistently been recognized for creative awareness, business impact and transformative outcomes. Most recently, several proud moments stand out in the industry awards category, including the 2023 Agency of the Year and Outstanding Extra-Large Agency awarded by PRWeek and a perfect Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Equality Index Score.
Brand, Reputation, Experience — the authenticity trifecta. When who you are aligns with who people think you are, and it’s validated by experiences, that’s a powerful place to be. Through data-driven intelligence, bold, creative and strategic purpose, we help clients all over the world find that sweet spot. Our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the consumer goods, financial and professional services, technology, government, public affairs and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
The agency’s commitment to DE&I is also at the forefront ensuring diverse perspectives and experiences are present in all the work that we do. Our ambition to become the most inclusive agency in the world is not a hollow statement or one-time initiative. It’s a promise to our employees, our clients, our communities and our shareholders. In 2022, we unveiled Project Open Door to deepen DE&I activating a series of commitments and process adjustments to drive intentional and inclusive talent sources. Results indicate substantial progress: 59% of offices are led by women, 50% of C-suite positions are held by women, 65% of our Cabinet is female and 25% people of color. We are committed to building our leadership talent pipeline from within the local market. One hundred percent of our market leaders in APAC are from the markets they lead.
Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be strictly used for employment purposes.